Timings for Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L (rev. 1.x)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Timings for Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L (rev. 1.x)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L (rev. 1.x)

RAM: CT2KIT25664AA667

Having adjusted the RAM speed to 533MHz for a 1066MHz FSB, my goal now is to adjust the timings. Right now, the BIOS is using the SPD as reference, based on a speed of 667MHz. Here are the settings:

******** Standard Timing Control ********

CAS Latency Time5
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay5
DRAM RAS# Precharge5
Precharge Delay (tRAS)15

******** Advanced Timing Control ********

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)3
Rank Write to Read Delay3
Write to Precharge Delay5
Refresh to ACT Delay44
Read to Precharge Delay3
Static tRead Value9
Static tRead Phase Adjust13

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Timings for Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L (rev. 1.x)

Since nobody has replied, I was wondering if all I have to do is adjust the timings to the following:

******** Standard Timing Control ********

CAS Latency Time4
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay4
DRAM RAS# Precharge4
Precharge Delay (tRAS)12

Also, should I mess with the advanced timings or just leave them alone?

Kilobyte Kid

I'm getting the idea there aren't many people that understand ram timing here. Anyway, on my gigabyte mb, I only have to adjust the basic 4 (in fact, it automically selects a safe timing setup for the new frequency. You might try changing the basic 4 and see if the other settings update automatically (or research further to see if it's necessary.... I've never heard people talk about adjusting those settings from what I've read so far).

Kilobyte Kid

You'd think people would know about this stuff in a forum dedicated to RAM, but I guess they're all as confused as myself. Smiley Tongue

I changed the settings under Standard Timing Control to 4-4-4-12 without incident. The settings under Advanced Timing Control remain unchanged from their default (i.e., automatically assigned) values. I haven't noticed any instability (yet)....