[Urgent Help] RAM Upgrade - GL63 8RE-455IN

Bit Baby

[Urgent Help] RAM Upgrade - GL63 8RE-455IN

Dear All,

Greetings of the day.
 I have a MSI GL63 8RE 455IN Laptop. With 16 gb (2 x8 GB sticks) of memory installed.

At present 16 gb of RAM is installed ( 2 x 8) on my laptop  with below ram specs.

image.png

Slot 1 Memory details:

image.png

Slot 2 Memory details:-

image.png

I require more than 20gb of  ram, so want to replace one 8gb stick and install a 16gb stick so that my total ram is 24 gigs.

I am planning to buy below memory stick of crucial:

Is the above 16 gb stick compatible for my laptop and can work concurrently with the 8gb stick without any issue or slowness, then please let me know.

Thank you,
Abhishek Mohanty
3 Replies
Community Manager

Re: [Urgent Help] RAM Upgrade - GL63 8RE-455IN

@inquisbcrh Thanks for contacting us today. I pulled up your system and the part that you linked is compatible with your system. It should work fine with your existing RAM as well, so that you can have 24GB of RAM. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?

Want to enter our contest for December? More info can be found here.
Bit Baby

Hello Sir,

Thanks for acknowledging my email and providing valuable feedback. I observed that the image links i embeded in theoriginal post were  not opening, so i am posting the images again for 100 % sureity. Please go through and give me a final go-ahead on this so that i can order it online.

https://i.imgur.com/Q0w5fox.png

Thanking you again and looking forward for a quickly reply.

Regards,

Inquisb

Bit Baby

Hi,

I Just enquired at official MSI store, they above ram is not supported for MSI GL 63 8RD 445IN . Crucial team please dont lie to your customers. I waited for around weeks for a final go ahead regarding purchase of this memory but didnt receive any response , i made the right decision by going to store where they provided me correct info. Please crucial team dont cheat your customers.