What is the difference between ct8g4dfs824a.c8fhd1 and ct8g4dfs824a.c8fdd1

SOLVED
Bit Baby

What is the difference between ct8g4dfs824a.c8fhd1 and ct8g4dfs824a.c8fdd1

I have one Crucial ram piece. It reads in the sticker: ct8g4dfs824a.c8fhd1. I wish to purchase another one and I've learned that they should be identical to avoid any error or incompactibility. I startet do search for this code and I haven't fount it anywhere. I have found, however, a ct8g4DFD824a, which I is the dual ranked and the ct8g4DFS824a, for single ranked.

But I only find the code after the dot c8FDD1, not the ct8g4dfs824a.c8FHD1, that is the one I own... My question is predictable... Are they tha same?! What is the difference?! are those compatible?

Thanks, and sorry about my english...

Kisses and hugs from Brazil.

Tags (3)
1 Reply
Highlighted
Crucial Employee

Re: What is the difference between ct8g4dfs824a.c8fhd1 and ct8g4dfs824a.c8fdd1

Hey Mallackart,

Thanks for your question. The important part to focus on are the numbers before the period. As you mentioned this refers to the size, ranking and speed of a module. Both of the parts you mentioned are identical in specifications. Numbers following the period, or extension, are details for the manufacturer. Depending on the product they can help determine design process or where parts were manufactured. 

Our only way to guarantee compatibility with multiple modules is by offering them in matched pairs where both the extension and part number are identical. That being said, as long as the specifications match, your system should not have any issues using both modules together.