What motherboards will support CT51272BB1339. Y36FY 4GB DDR3-PC3

Kilobyte Kid

What motherboards will support CT51272BB1339. Y36FY 4GB DDR3-PC3

I bought these Crucial chips on What, got 3  for a total of 12 GB. for $100. Thought it was a great deal until I tried to use them on any of my motherboards.  Not a single motherboard I have will support these chips and not a single one that I thought about buying does.  Can someone tell me what motherboards will except Crucial DDR3 memory chip CT51272BB1339.

Y36FY 4GB 2Rx4 10600-9-10-E1

2 Replies
Bank and Slot Hot Shot

Re: What motherboards will support CT51272BB1339. Y36FY 4GB DDR3-PC3

Hello,

It is impossible to do a backward compatibility check for all motherboards that your new module will work in so why don't you run each motherboard through the Crucial Advisor and see if that new RAM is compatible (which is what should have been done up-front). Sometimes, buying RAM before you check for motherboard compatibility turns out to be like "trying to put the cart before the horse." BTW, did you get this RAM directly from Crucial or did you get it from a "reseller?"

Good luck!

Did someone help you today? Please click the star (on the left) to "Thank them with a Kudo!"
If a specific post answers your question(s), please "Mark it as the Accepted Solution."

About me:  I do not work for Crucial but I trust and use their memory (exclusively) when upgrading.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Mo Betta Heat Spreada

Re: What motherboards will support CT51272BB1339. Y36FY 4GB DDR3-PC3

On our site if you do a search for the base part number, it will give you some results for motherboards.  In this case, the base part is CT51272BB1339.  Here is a link to the search results:

http://www.crucial.com/search/searchresults.aspx?keywords=CT51272BB1339

On this page, you will see a gray bar that says "upgrades for motherboards" with a "show all" in the bar. 

These parts are registered ECC memory.  Typically speaking, you would be looking for a server motherboard to use these parts in.

Dude, Crucial Employee, US
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service