compatibility question on 2x16 DDR3L kit

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

compatibility question on 2x16 DDR3L kit

Wondering if anyone has first hand result on installing

Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM [CT2KIT204864BF160B]

with cpu pkg: i7-4720hq [laptop: asus N550JX] (yes, x2 sodimm slots) ?

The intel specs say 32G is max allowed; the asus laptop specs say 16G is max allowed

but the specs were published 2yrs ago or so so this kind of sodimm not available at the time.

Thanks

spkchi

3 Replies
Community Manager

Re: compatibility question on 2x16 DDR3L kit

Thanks for contacting us today. Based on our testing and the information we have on your N550JX laptop we can guarantee that this laptop is upgradeable to 16GB. We can not say anything for the 32GB kit of memory.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Thanks YogiH,

Interesting... I think I will give it a try because I think it should work. Intel specs for i7-4720hq indicate positive

plus am running linux and the dmidecode query utility reports 32G max dram capability.

The sodimm ddr3l,1.35v ,1600 should be ok electrically). Some are saying "4th gen intel"

cannot do 32GB dram -- but not all 4th gen intel models are the same and the intel specs do say 32G max for this cpu pkg.

Will let the forum know.

Crucial_YogiH wrote:

Thanks for contacting us today. Based on our testing and the information we have on your N550JX laptop we can guarantee that this laptop is upgradeable to 16GB. We can not say anything for the 32GB kit of memory.

Bit Baby

CT2KIT204864BF160B

I can not complete the purchase on the website crucial.com whenever I make the payment through paypal the website crucial.com rejects all payments and the billing address is the same as the delivery address, and the credit card used in my paypal is confirmed and verified. But it always gives problems and only in the website crucial.com, I have already made several payments and some are still pending since last month and this because the crucial site rejected all payments.