incompatible compatible memory

Kilobyte Kid

incompatible compatible memory

i got a 8GB Kit (4GBx2), 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-10600 memory module to fit my Asus M4A79T Deluxe motherboard, but after it refusing to POST, i went through the Asus troubleshooting guide  and it came to the conclusion that the memory isn't compatable

any ideas on what i can do? could bother sticks from the kit be faulty, or do i need to borrow some ddr3 memory to get the motherboard working so i can flash the bios

i love building computers, i hate picking/buying memory Smiley Tongue

1 Reply
Bank and Slot Hot Shot

Re: incompatible compatible memory

You may have started off with too much on your plate at once. Try starting with one stick and then check your BIOS settings, making sure to verify that you memory voltage is set to manual and that you have set the voltage to the correct amount. Save and exit. Also, with the amount of memory you're using, you may consider adjusting the voltage up slightly for both the memory and the front side bus (FSB). This will help stabilize the memory controller. Once you've done this, go ahead and install the second stick from that first set. If it boots and is stable, insert the second pair. If you can boot at this point, you can run MemTest86+. I normally tell people to start using MemTest at the first stick, but I think you could probably figure it out if something goes wrong. Make sure you check your mobo manual for the proper slot order.