GA-MA790FXTA-UD5P

Kilobyte Kid

GA-MA790FXTA-UD5P

I am building a system using an AMD Phenom 965 C3 on windows 7 and the Gigabyte GA-790fxta-ud5 motherboard.
The Memory advisor tool has the GA-MA790FXT-UD5P, but not the new 333 motherboard.  I do not know enough about memory to know whether to all intents and purposes this is the same.  I always trust the Crucial memory advisor.
Crucial support recommended a PC8500 stick (http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/partspecs.aspx?imodule=CT25664BA1067).  I don't want to waste money unnecessarily, however I thought that pc12800 would be better.  I thought about putting this in:BL2KIT25664BN1608?

Though possibly I should be thinking of putting in more than 4GB?

Any thoughts please.

Thanks

David Clark
1 Reply

Re: GA-MA790FXTA-UD5P

Hi David,

What kind of applications will you be running on this system- is it memory intensive programs or any high performance games etc?

The Ballistix kit you mention (BL part number) is more for performance enthusiasts and would require some manual tweaking of timings in the BIOS so if as you say, you don't know enough about memory, I would not recommend this for your needs.

Further down the list of all compatible upgrades on the Advisor Tool, we do have have a 1333MHz standard option as well; part number CT2KIT25664BA1339 which gives you 4GB at a slightly faster speed than what you originally found.  You can view and order this at the link below:

UK Store

EU Store

US store

Please let us know if you require further advice on this.

Maulmod, Crucial Moderator UK

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service