HELP! URGENT! Compaq Presario desktop will not power up at all after installing memory upgrade.

Bit Baby

HELP! URGENT! Compaq Presario desktop will not power up at all after installing memory upgrade.

I don't just installed two (2) 512MB memory upgrades.  Now, my PC will not power up at all...lights don't even come on.  Any suggestions???

2 Replies

Re: HELP! URGENT! Compaq Presario desktop will not power up at all after installing memory upgrade

Does the computer work again if you reinstall your old modules? If it does, please try both 1GB modules one at a time in both slots to check if it's a particular module or slot that is perhaps causing the issue. Each time, please ensure the modules are fully seated. Please also give us the full CT part numbers from the modules, as well as the outcome of the above, and we can proceed from there.

Katana,
US Moderator
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: HELP! URGENT! Compaq Presario desktop will not power up at all after installing memory upgrade

I just had the same thing happened. I reinstalled the old modules and it still will not turn on at all. I'm almost positive the modules are fully seated.

The computer was also very very warm before I turned it off, despite having been in "hibernation"...not sure if that could have anything to do with it.