Mac Pro 8GB Kit - When?

Kilobyte Kid

Mac Pro 8GB Kit - When?

Hi I'm trying to get more RAM for my Mac Pro but I want to fill it with 8GB Kit (4GBx2), Apple 240-pin FBDIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400 memory module so I can later full fill the 32GB.

I'm trying to buy it from crucial since June or even before, don't quite remember it well.

But it always say this kit is not available.

When will you have the 8GB Kit (4GBx2) for Mac Pro 2008 (xeon 8 core)?

Thank you for your help.

All the best,

Abel.

13 Replies

Re: Mac Pro 8GB Kit - When?

I apologize, we are still out of stock of the part. We are expecting more inventory to arrive in a couple of weeks however, so if you keep checking back with us you should be able to place your order before the end of the month.

Katana,
US Moderator
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Hello, I'm also waiting for these memories I Module Size: 8GB Kit (4GBx2)
Package: Apple 240-pin FBDIMM
Feature: DDR2 PC2-6400
Specs: DDR2 PC2-6400 • CL = 5 • Fully Buffered • ECC • DDR2-800 • 1.8V • 512Meg x 72 •
It's been almost 40 days but still not find them for sale.
For the U.S. market are found, the EU still nothing.
I hope to find the product as soon as possible, thanks.

Hi wbeb.

I am sorry for the delay with these parts.  There is a high demand for them at the moment so we hope to have them available online again as soon as possible.  You can contact our Customer Support department for more detailed information.

EU Customer Service

Thanks

Maulmod, Crucial Moderator UK

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
Kilobyte Kid

Hello, still nothing for the memory model we waiting for?
Succeed before Christmas to buy?
Thanks again and hope for a better day.

Kilobyte Kid

Whilst it's almost unimaginably complex to produce this sort of memory for a computer, being vaguely organised is relatively simple.

I emailed customer support a while back saying I'd seen 4GB modules for mid 2009 MBP available on the site, then ordered a new MBP, but when I came back to Crucial, the memory was not there any longer. Four days pass, then I receive an email saying the issue has been resolved and I can order it using the following link. Which of course took me to.... no RAM for sale.

So I email back asking what's going on.

Then yesterday I notice that it's available on the site again, so I order 8GB. Email confirmation received.

Now, this is not cheap RAM. So I'm alarmed when I get an email this morning from customer support stating "we are currently still working on getting compatible 4GB modules for your Macbook and no parts can be sold for this system as of yet".

So what the hell is Crucial shipping me? RAM modules they know won't work? New ones that will? Pieces of cheese?

Problem getting compatible RAM that's the newest type around? Fair enough. It's new.

Not knowing what's going on, reporting confilicting information to customers? Allowing one to order it, then 13 hours later emailing to say that compatible modules are not available? Not OK, I'm afraid.

Sort your act out. What is the answer?

I apologize for the confusion. Most likely what happened was a misunderstanding with regards to the 8GB kits, the Apple-certified part revision is very new addition to the website and to our inventory. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, the matter will be addressed to ensure that all customers will receive updated information about these systems from here on.

I apologize again for the confusion. If you would like me to review the order to verify compatibility, please provide your order number, and I will look it up for you.

Katana,
US Moderator
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Hi Katrina,

thank you for your response.

My order number is 95434-605070.

It is for a 15" mid 2009 MacBook Pro, 2.8GHz.

I'll be most interested to learn what you think about the compatibility; I've today had another email stating that "there will be a delay in processing this as the parts are currently out of stock".

Yet more confusion. It's still "available" for purchase on the website.

But is it just out of stock, or have you not been able to source reliably compatible modules? Out of stock means more needs to be made, which is likely a fairly quick process.

If it still needs further design and development, then that could take much longer.

I hope you can find out something a little bit more definite!

In this case, "out of stock" means exactly that. We ran out of parts. Smiley Happy

A lot of customers were looking for these modules and ordered them as soon as they became available, and as a result our inventory went very quickly. I have verified that the parts on your order are the correct Apple revision of our 4GB modules, and that they now are backordered for you. Your order will ship out as soon as we have inventory.

Katana,
US Moderator
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Hello again.

November and December passed already and the promise of stock opening already gone.

What's happening with Crucial 8Gb parts?!

Is it possible to clarify this issue again?

All the best for 2010 hopefully build new Mac Pro 2nd Gen 2008 parts Smiley Very Happy

Abel.