Memory upgrade for Packard Bell dot S2

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Memory upgrade for Packard Bell dot S2

Hi,

I have a Packard Bell dot S2, which currently has 1G of ram, which I want to increase.  According to the crucial memory configurator the max memory is 2048MB, however the only compatible parts suggested is a 2G upgrade (CT1267153).  Is there a reason why an equivalent 1G upgrade isn't suggested?  Does installing memory into the upgrade slot disable the onboard memory or is there only one socket etc?

Suggested upgrade

Part #: CT1267153 • DDR2 PC2-6400 • CL=6 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR2-800 • 1.8V • 256Meg x 64

Suitable alternative 1G upgrade?

Part #: CT12864AC800 - DDR2 PC2-6400 • CL=6 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR2-800 • 1.8V • 128Meg x 64

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Tags (2)
7 Replies
Memory Hawg

Re: Memory upgrade for Packard Bell dot S2

Hmm, I'm not sure why that would be?

Looks like the 1GB would work, but maybe they left it out of the scanner results due to some issue?   Hopefully a Crucial Rep will reply here about this, if not you may want to contact them directly and see if you can find out.

You may or may not be able to mix a new 1GB module with your current 1GB module, so that may not be the best route to go anyway in case it fails to work together and you have to return it.

Mo Betta Heat Spreada

Hello,

The reason for this is that you only have one memory slot.  You would need to remove the 1GB module to install the 2GB module.  This is common in a lot of netbooks.  Please see the following link for the upgrade for your system:

US Store

UK Store

Dude, Crucial Employee, US
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid

Thanks - I finally took the bottom off my dot S2 apart to take a look at the memory slot and was surprised to see a 1G stick in there.  I had assumed the existing memory would be buried deep inside (I'm used to an Aspire One where you really have to work for the memory upgrade!) and that this was an expansion slot, but no.  So 2G upgrade it will have to be, shame I missed the 10% off offer by 2 hours!

Kilobyte Kid

How did you get the bottom cover off? Ihave a 2GB module to install in my dot s

Thanks

Memory Hawg
Bit Baby

Re: Memory upgrade for Packard Bell dot SE

the nearest i can find for packard bell dot se/p111uk is the ...110uk

it suggests ddr2, the box for mine says ddr3.

is it crucial this is the same?

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/ListParts.aspx?model=DOT_SE/P-110UK

thanks

Memory Hawg

Re: Memory upgrade for Packard Bell dot SE

What type of memory does CPU-z show being used, then you will know for sure

CPU-Z