T6410 Upgrade

Kilobyte Kid

T6410 Upgrade

*edited subject as moved from Apple memory board for better visibility* Crucial_maulmod

I read your post because I have the same problem, with the same exact results when switching the memory sticks around. However, I have a PC T6410 with an AMD  3200+ processor.  It came with only 512MB of RAM and 1 year ago I added another 512MB from Crucial = 1GB total.  This stick of 512MB has always worked perfectly and registers all of its memory. 

I do see that the older 512MB from Crucial only has 8 chips, and the original 512MB and each of the 1GB in the 2GB kit each have 16 chips.  I was told the chip set could make a difference, but it does not seem that way.  Maybe?

Specs:

original: 512MB - HYNIX PC3200U - 30330   DDR - 400MHz CL3

old Crucial: 512MB - HYNIX PC3200U - 30330   DDR - 400MHz CL3

New 2GB kit: each 1GB 184 - PIN UNBUFF DIMM 128x64 DDR PC3200 Pb - FREE

What is the speed of the new memory?

Why the U on the old and a Pb on the new?

Are these really a perfect match for my computer?

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Mac G5 Memory Upgrade

I found this additional info when researching the mother board specs.

Memory • Supports two 184-pin DDR SDRAMs up to 2GB memory size
• Supports Dual Channel DDR400*/DDR333 DDR SDRAM (*Refer to MSI recommended modules)
Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability.
Example: Kingston HyperX DDR500 PC4000 operates at 2.65V, 3-4-4-8, CL=3.
For more information about specification of high performance memory modules, please check with your Memory Manufactures for more details.

I hope this helps when trying to confirm compatability.

Please Advise

Jim

Re: T6410 Upgrade

Hi Jim,

I've moved your thread since PC's and Apple systems can have different troubleshooting steps.  Is it an eMachines T6410 you have?  If so, you definitely have the correct memory for this system so it should be fully compatible.

The speed is PC3200/ DDR 400 just like your original and the density of the parts should not really cause a problem with this system.  The Pb symbol on the label has a line through it to indicate that the module is lead free and RoHS compliant which is a requirement within the EU.

How far into the boot up stage does the system get before you start having problems?

Please ensure that you have the latest version of the BIOS from the manufacturer's website and if you are still having problems, then test each of the new modules on their own using Memtest.

Maulmod, Crucial Moderator UK

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service