0x00000f4 error on M4 64GB

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Re: 0x00000f4 error on M4 64GB

Can you tell us if this bug will target a disk contained in a usb or firewire enclosure too ? And are there some specific batches impacted by this bug or is it inherent to the previous firmwares ?

The less I play with firmware updates, the better it is, so I'd rather not upgrade if not necessary

Thanks in advance for your answer

Highlighted
Mo Betta Heat Spreada

Once you hit the ~5000 hours of on time, the issue will happen regardless of how you use the drive. 

Dude, Crucial Employee, US
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid

HI, Can you answer if possible:

1. Does this happen on all  size M4 drives?

2. Does this happen on M4 drives in windows and mac machines or just windows only.

3. What the acutal problem that causes the 5000hour issue.

Thank you.

Kilobyte Kid

@nippyjun wrote:

HI, Can you answer if possible:

1. Does this happen on all  size M4 drives?

2. Does this happen on M4 drives in windows and mac machines or just windows only.

3. What the acutal problem that causes the 5000hour issue.

Thank you.

I have it happening on Linux (Ubuntu 11.10).

Kilobyte Kid

Can I RMA my drives since you are taking 10 days to release firmware?

Kilobyte Kid

@Crucial_Dude wrote:

We are aware of an issue that is currently affecting a small number of users whereby their m4 causes their system to require a restart. This issue occurs after approximately 5,000 hours of actual “on time” use.

Can you confirm this wil also fix the F4 BSOD for the people that have not reached the 5200 hours yet (like me) and have the same BSOD right from the beginning?

Crucial Employee

Hi RR4711,

The issue you are having does not sound like the problem that other users are having.  I would recommend sending your drive back for an RMA.

This issue only happens after use and if your drive is causing BSOD's from the beginning then there could be a fault and we will exchange it for you.

Contact our customer service team HERE and they would be happy to help.

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

Want to be a Super User?
Crucial Employee

Hi everyone,

We have a Firmware Notification Thread which you can subscribe to on this forum.  As soon as a new firmware version is released we post in this thread and if you are subscribed to it we will send you a notification via email.

To subscribe to this thread (or any thread in the community) you must be a registered user.  Then click on the 'Topic Options' drop down menu at the top left of the page, and select 'Subscribe' from the list.  You will then receive email notifications as we update this thread.

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

is this the same issue: BSOD after only a FEW days, CORRUPTED data. Reboot didn't help..? Will this upgrade help? I had to completely reinstall the disk. Now it SEEMS to work. But i still don't know if i shall wait for this upgrade, return the disk oder buy another product??

Kilobyte Kid

Subscribed.

Just a shout out to all Crucial SSD users and mods here on the SSD forum. I recently purchased the M4-128 for my late 2009 iMac. The decision came down between ***Edited to remove Crucial competitor*** and Crucial (M4). The deciding factor for me was monitoring the forums on the  ***Edited to remove Crucial competitor***  side and Crucial's. Crucial seems more dedicated to resolving customer issues, at least that was the feeling I came away with and the resaon for going with the M4. Looks like I made the right decision! BTW, the M4 screams on my IMac (SATA2), benchmarks are consistent with what I expected and read from Crucial. Keep up the great work!!