0x00000f4 error on M4 64GB

SOLVED
Silicon Sultan

Re: 0x00000f4 error on M4 64GB

hdtune is for hdd. use as-ssd or anvils storage utilities. hdtune is a dinosaur app.

Kilobyte Kid

Silverstone FT-02 case
MSI P67A GD-65 mobo
2500k Intel SB cpu
16GB Corsair Dominator memory
128GB Crucial M4 SSD

2TB WD Black Edition HD
2x 570GTX EVGA OC edition in SLI
Lite-On DVD Lightscribe burner
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Corsair H60 HSF unit
Windows 7 Home Premium

I don't know why it would be the mobo. It only happens when the SSD is connected. It started once the SSD got hit by the BSOD problems. If I boot off the HDD's I have, everything is fine. If I boot off the broken SSD I the front USB ports and burner stops working.

Silicon Sultan

neat system Smiley Wink

weird. what intel port is the ssd on? oh, and what bios and orom is the board running?

JEDEC Jedi

Yeah if anything, write speed would be dropping with usage (and that's what trim and GC prevent).  Read speed should eb unaffected so there's some other issue there.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

The SSD was on the 1st Sata port, BIOS version is 1.9, I am not sure what orom is. The HDD is running off the same port now and everything works, if I swap back to the SSD, all the weird things start up again.

SODIMM Sherpa
Moved:

Kilobyte Kid

I've been running a Crucial C300 128gig together with an M4 128gig in RAID 0 on an Ausus P8P67 Pro (Rev. 3.1) since the middle of October... with zero problems and very high scores.

Since I can't read the hours on the raided drives using S.M.A.R.T I can only guess as to how many hours I've used up.

I'm curious if anyone with a C300 has seen this 5000+ hour problem?

Has anyone with two M4's in a RAID 0 run into this problem?

Will the new firmware update be good for the C300 as well?

Input is appreciated... and thanks to Crucial for working on this so diligently.

Silicon Sultan

Kilobyte Kid

Quote: WARNING: This update is designed for use with Crucial m4 SSDs only! It will not work on Crucial C300 SSDs!

I guess that answers my question!

Good job, Crucial!!

Kilobyte Kid

I downloaded the firmware update. I had to switch the SATA port configuration in the BIOS from RAID to IDE in order for the firmware update to recognize the drives but after that everything went smoothly and after setting RAID in the BIOS again Windows started normally. I left the computer on for about 2 hours and everything seemed normal.