0x00000f4 error on M4 64GB

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Re: 0x00000f4 error on M4 64GB

reporting a successful upgrade on a CT256M4SSD2.  imaged the SSD first, then booted the firmware upgrade ISO and everything went fine.

Thanks!

Kilobyte Kid

I left mine on AHCI and it updated smoothly (around 1 min.).

Kilobyte Kid

Just receive mine after RMA. Took a month exactly from the day I sent it till the day I got it back.

Kilobyte Kid

Received my RMA a week after sending it off, brand new drive flashed with the new update and happily working away. Smiley Happy
Dv0
Kilobyte Kid

Re: 0x00000f4 error on M4 64GB after ~5200 POH

Hello there, I just started being affected by this issue. I've got a Crucial M4 64GB and my POH are currently at 5241. The issue started occurring 3 days ago.

I wanted to ask if there is any fix to this by now, or if my only option at the moment is to request a replacement.

EDIT: I've updated to the 000F firmware that apparently should fix this. Will see how it goes.

Kilobyte Kid

Same problem here. I upgraded a Samsung netbook with a 64GB M4 in October 2011. A few weeks ago the computer started running incredibly slowly and blue-screening with error 0x000000F4. I ran a "chkdsk /r" on the M4 and it failed with multiple errors saying "The disk does not have enough space to replace bad clusters". Clearly these drives have extremely serious problems. 

Upgrading to the 000F firmware made no difference at all. The drive has less than 500 hours power-on time so it seems that the 5200 POH thing could be a red herring. 

From what I'm seeing here, my only option is to RMA the drive, which will take about a month, then I'll end up with a refurbished drive that will most likely fail in exactly the same way. I'd rather get a refund, but it might prove difficult as I didn't buy direct from Crucial and the vendor is unlikely to be willing to issue a refund after more than 7 months.

Worse still, I upgraded another laptop with a 128GB M4 just a couple of months ago and now I have the prospect of that drive failing in the not too distant future. What a nightmare.

Dv0
Kilobyte Kid

It actually worked like a charm for me. No more SDD shutdowns. You must be having a different issue Discombobulated.

Kilobyte Kid

Hmmm, you may be right.

Kilobyte Kid

**bleep**, my SSD got the same failure. I bought it Janury. It run only 534hours and I installed always the newest firmware. Weeks ago the 000F... I cheched my hdd and my ram. No errors.

Just half a year old...Can't believe it....What can I do? Warrenty?!

JEDEC Jedi

The 5200 hour error is just the computer crashes and you reboot it.  If you're talking about  warranty I assume your problem is mroedrastic than that.  is the drive missing?  Have you tried this? http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD-Knowledge/Why-did-my-SSD-quot-disappear-quot-fro...

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?