Cloned MacBook on Crucial M550 1TB is unreadable

Bit Baby

Re: Cloned MacBook on Crucial M550 1TB is unreadable

Hello,

I solved the problem replacing the hard drive SATA cable, I ordered it from Parts 4 repair.com, saving a lot of money compared to EU stores.

Thank you for support.

BR
Marco

Kilobyte Kid

Hello,

I still have issues with his harddrive.

I use a MacBook Pro 13 inch Mid 2012 model. The harddrive is still unreadable whenever I plug it directly on the sata end of my macbook. I am only able to read off the SDD when I plug into a USB external enclosure.

Everytime I plug it back into my Mackbook, the system does not recognize any harddrive, but when I plug back into the external enclosure, it reads easy. I am also able to boot from the SDD when plugged into the external exclosure.

I am looking at the option of replacing the harddrive SATA cable, can you advice what exact item this is from the  parts 4 repair.com website?

Regards,

Femi

Kilobyte Kid

Hi,

UPDATE: So i purchased the HDD cable from ifixit and my Mac finally recongnizes the SSD. Happy so far with the speed.

Regards,

Femi

Bit Baby

@kellingi wrote:

Hi,

UPDATE: So i purchased the HDD cable from ifixit and my Mac finally recongnizes the SSD. Happy so far with the speed.

Regards,

Femi

Hello guys,

anybody can help me to buy a new hdd cable? i have a crucial mx100 sata 6gb/s and works perfect in the external box with usb but it's not recognized inside my mac.

What kind of new hdd cable i have to buy to run sata 6gb/s?

thanks