Crucial MX100 512GB RAID 0 - 4K Write Speed @ 65MB/s? Why?

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Crucial MX100 512GB RAID 0 - 4K Write Speed @ 65MB/s? Why?

hello everyone Smiley Happy im new here, id like to ask if someone of you guys can explain to me why i got those bad speeds @ 4K tests?

my pc specs are:
asrock z68 extreme 4 gen 3

i5 2500k

i plugged ssd's into sata3 ports of course,

installed windows with raid drivers (lastest intel RST drivers)
i got everything updated, so its getting strange to me read those results, hope u can help me... [Edited per Guidelines: Be relevant.]

(the pic with blue results is from a review i saw online, green results are mine, 4 K so much lower)

4 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Crucial MX100 512GB RAID 0 - 4K Write Speed @ 65MB/s? Why?

Frankly, it's the results in the blue screenshot that are off!  That's not from any pair of Crucial SSD's I've ever seen.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

mx100.PNG

even those results looks different from what i've seen online, not in last part of list but from 0.5 to 8

am i wrong? Smiley Tongue

JEDEC Jedi

I would probably say that RAID0 usually do not give that big improvement in random 4K write speed so maybe there is something with TT test system configuration that boosted this speed. 

You have different system (motherboard's chipset) from the one they use but did you set all settings the way they did?

Stripes size, C-states and speed stepping settings, power plan, write caching setting, buffer flushing setting?

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Kilobyte Kid

bogdan wrote:

I would probably say that RAID0 usually do not give that big improvement in random 4K write speed so maybe there is something with TT test system configuration that boosted this speed. 

You have different system (motherboard's chipset) from the one they use but did you set all settings the way they did?

Stripes size, C-states and speed stepping settings, power plan, write caching setting, buffer flushing setting?

ok so, i actually spent all day in tests, found out some missing settings in registry that i've now ok (thx to you Smiley Tongue )
those are new results, with all C CPU states on (on the BIOS settings)  and with C CPU states OFF (i have a gain in 4k readings):
  no C: 

C states  c states OFF:

no c states:   no C STATES: 

i now have good (and seems now legit) results in all tests, i guess ill stay with mx 100 raid ^^

thank you again