Crucial, please update the M4 firmware again.

Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Crucial, please update the M4 firmware again.

Who wants Crucial to release a new firmware update for the M4, to once again address the disappearing and bsod'ing that quite a few users on this forum are having?

I'm only looking for responses from users having these issues with their M4 please.  I'm just curious if I'm the only one who checks these forums everyday seeking an updated fw.  Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Crucial, please update the M4 firmware again.

I recommend going back to 000F and staying there until Crucial gets it right. I'm running 040H and for the most part, it's been stable. You can download 000F from http://edge.crucial.com/firmware/m4/000F/Crucialm4_000F.zip.
Kilobyte Kid

I do agree that we need a new version. I've been watching the forums daily and revel when I see a new release, but never try it unless it gets the blessing of others first. Too many horror stories out there. I started with 000F and updated to 040H when it came out. That was a bad idea, but fortunately for me 040H has been pretty stable (2008 MacBook Pro). I'm staying on 040H or at worst may go back to 000F until Crucial gets it right. I can also say that I am going to be very hesitant to purchase their drives in the future based on the continuing firmware drama as well as their horrible update process for Macs, especially newer ones. I'm just glad I still have a model that has built-in DVD.
Kilobyte Kid

Two days since my OP and only one user commented(thanks jklein), I guess we are the only ones who need a new FW to try to fix the issues with these disks.

Kilobyte Kid

Wow, had i known these SSDs were riddled with these problems i would have gone with a different competitor. After spending two days trying to solve the Nothing-Can-Detect-The-Drive problems i finally wiped the stupid drive only to find that there is a powercycle vodoo i should have tried first. 

Are these problems found in ALL SSDs, or just our lovely Crucial M4s? Do i just need to go back to HDD?

Kilobyte Kid

Same problem here... updated to the latest firmware because of the "5000 hrs" bug. Now I get a bluescreen or hang every 1-2hrs. I can use AS SSD to force the error to happen within 2min after reboot.