Fake Crucial M4 Box?

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Fake Crucial M4 Box?

I just ordered my second Crucial M4 from Amazon and the boxing was signiicantly different than the first one..  This one seems kind of fake and cheap...  Here is a picture that I found online that someone else posted.  Can anyone confirm if this is boxing is fake?

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff134/unholyernest/IMAG0031.jpg

11 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Fake Crucial M4 Box?

I got one from work and it is the same as yours. It is different from my 128G (made in Singapore), this one is made in China.

Kilobyte Kid

Ahh, I see.  I was just kind of worried because the new packaging looks a lot cheaper and feels a lot cheaper than the first one I got a few months ago.

Dual Channel Surfer

JEDEC Jedi

Wow.  You know your packaging design team have screwed up when multiple people think it's fake. Smiley Very Happy

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

I'm the person that started the other thread and I just want to let everyone know that despite the box being different the performance is the same. FW revision 0309. I haven't yet upgraded to 000F yet but I will in the near future.

Kilobyte Kid

Wow thanks so much for that thread.  I did a quick search but didn't find that one for some reason...

Kilobyte Kid

Yea!  I thought this one was counterfeit because the boxing looked so cheap compared to the one I got a few months ago!

Highlighted
Community Manager

We can confirm that the Crucial m4 SSD packaging in question is legitimate, and apologize for any confusion caused by our current packaging transition. We are in the process of updating the design of all our Crucial SSD and DRAM labels and product packaging. We are still working through existing global inventory supplies of both product and packaging, so in the interim you may see variations as we transition to the new design. The Crucial m4 SSD and all existing Crucial products are still the same high-quality product, they just have a new look.

Guru, Crucial Moderator, US
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid

Thank you so much for taking the time to confirm this for me!