How I fixed my M4 that wouldn't detect in the BIOS

Bit Baby

Re: How I fixed my M4 that wouldn't detect in the BIOS

Hi TabsAZ, 

Im from Uruguay, South America.

Sorry about my english, im writing to you because i tried to solve my problem with  the solution that  i saw in the next link

http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD-Knowledge/Why-did-my-SSD-quot-disappear-quot-from...

And nothing happened.

Now im at work but when i go back home i will try this procedure that you say.

My problem is that i have 2 ssds in raid 0 ***Edited to remove Crucial competitor*** booting windows and one of them after leaving my pc inactive like for 1 hour (it goes in suspend mode) when i wake up the computer it get stuck, i press the reset button and there was only 1 ssd drive, the other one dissapeared and i cant get acces to windows.

What was the problem that you have? how do you figure to do that?.

Bit Baby

Dude you are the best!!!

I stumbled on this post while searching for a solution to the same problem but on a ***Edited to remove Crucial competitor*** and your method worked like a charm.

You have saved me a lot of headache.

Many thanks!

Kilobyte Kid

I have an M4 512GB. I formatted this to get a clean start and found this here. I was pretty excited to get my SSD going again but am having no luck. Is it because I formatted the SSD or just because I don't know what I am doing? I am in way too deep for my pee brain. Any suggestions I will gladly try. Thanks.

JEDEC Jedi

But what is your exact issue XL? Don't you see your M4 in BIOS or can't you install system on it? More details please :-)

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Bit Baby

I have a PC with Crucial M4 SSD. One day, after abnormal restart of Win 7, my SSD won't be recognized by BIOS.

Procedure described in the head message of topic return my SSD back to life. Now my SSD is fully operational and there is no any data loss. After incident, firmaware is successfully updated form 009 to 70H. 

Thanks, TabsAZ.

Kilobyte Kid

I want to try the method as described by the threat starter, but I want to be clear about something. When you say "flip the PC reset switch" do you mean the reset button on the motherboard, the reset button somewhere else, or simply restarting the computer? I just don't want to destroy my computer trying to fix a little SSD. Thanks.

EDIT: I restarted it and it works like a charm, thanks. Smiley Very Happy

JEDEC Jedi

That's a good question.  I haven't had a PC with a reset button for years!

We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

I have a micron c400 that is doing the same thing.  Not recognized by my Macbook Pro.  I put my old hard drive back in so that I could work but have the SSD in a External USB case.  Ive tryed your suggestions but no luck  Does the drive need to be in the computer for this to work?  I tried booting off of a USB while the drive was in the computer but it wouldn't let me.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jason

JEDEC Jedi

Was your C400 working fine before? Do you know what is the firmware version on this drive? Older versions 0001, 0002, or 0009 can cause the C400 drive to become unresponsive after 5184 hours of power-on time and can make other issues with the drive. In that case firmware update would be recommended.

As for the procedure from this thread it says about connecting power cable and SATA cable separately so probably it will not work with USB case. The official power cycle procedure suggested by Crucial is described here.

Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Kilobyte Kid

What is the purpose of this fix?

I have a Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s SSD. I got the problem where sometimes my Bios could not see the drive, When it could see the drive, I could boot up, but it wouldn't be long before I got a BSOD.

I get the impression that this fix gets your Bios to recognise the SSD, so you can boot properly. But how does it stop it going wrong again? My Bios already recognises the SSD sometimes.

Or is the idea that once done, you upgrade your firmware, which fixes the problem long term?

Thanks