Lenovo z50-75 amd fx-7500 and crucial mx100 doesn't boot

SOLVED
Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Lenovo z50-75 amd fx-7500 and crucial mx100 doesn't boot

Hello

I have bought a SSD MX100 (CT256MX10088D1) and doesn't boot. The logo of lenovo is stuck and it doesn't dissapear. I have upgrade the SSD firmware and exactly yhe same problem. Any idea what can be the problem?

Thanks a lot

10 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Lenovo z50-75 amd fx-7500 and crucial mx100 doesn't boot

Hello, is there an OS present on the system? Have you done the clean installation or disc cloning? If there is no OS when does the system hangs, during POST, or afterwards.? Can you get into the BIOS?

Kilobyte Kid

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. There is a OS in de HD (Win7 64bits). I have clone it from the other hard disk. I can access to the bios after a long time waiting that the  lenovo logo disapears.

Thanks

Kilobyte Kid

Ok, so you cloned your system HDD to the SSD. What cloning software did you use? Are you sure the cloning went okay? I would also check the SATA mode, did you used AHCI on the HDD or it was IDE. If the BIOS sucessfully detects the SSD and it is present in the list of available boot drives  I would suspect some issue with the cloning itself.

Kilobyte Kid

Hello

I just try to install windows from the DVD and doesn't detect any HD  where install windows so that is not the problem.

When I conect the SSD it's a long time waiting with the lenovo logo until I can access to the bios (maybe 5 minutes). After the SSD  is detected by the bios but if I try to run from the HD again lenovo logo a long time and after is asking if I want to boot from DVD or windows boot manager. That means that the SSD has dissapeared. I have upload 3 pictures from the BIOS

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4UTfapP2NOecHg3aE9mMHFLbnM&usp=sharing

Thanks a lot

Kilobyte Kid

Ok I´ll try to sum it up, just to make sure I understand what your problem is.

1.) It takes an awful lot of time to get into BIOS after you start the computer, in the BIOS you can see the drive and all looks good - like in the screenhots you provided

2.) When you try to boot from the drive it fails and it seems the drive is not present

3.) When you try to make a clean installation of Windows 7 the system doesn´t detect the drive

If that´s so - try to switch from AHCI to IDE and start a clean installation of windows 7, check if the installer sees the drive properly. Also it is possible to check the drive in other computer? - as a normal drive, not the bootable one?

JEDEC Jedi

Also I would check for BIOS update.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Hello,

Points 1,2 and 3 are correct. In my bios in SATA CONTROLER I have two options:

COMPATIBLE

AHCI

The same problem with the two options.

I have install the HD to an old HP and clone it and works fine without any problem.

I am not going to upgrade bios because I need win7, I have some soft for work that only works well with 7. My other lenovo I upgrade the bios and only supports windows 8 after the upgrade, very bad from lenovo; I am not going to buy another lenovo.

I think I will leave the SSD in my old HP and I will buy another SSD like samsung for this lenovo to see if I am more lucky. I understant that the problem is from lenovo and not from crucial.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Kilobyte Kid

Hello

Still with this problem. I have upgrade to last bios from lenovo and still doing the same.

Any idea?

Thanks

Community Manager

Hi Penney,

If you are still having this issue since June I would advise you contact our tech support department directly. Our contact info can be found here: http://goo.gl/ahOueH

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?