M4 Crucial SSD freezing

Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Re: M4 Crucial SSD freezing

What browser are you using and is Adobe Flash up to date?

Kilobyte Kid

I use Google chrome. I have the most current version of flash and chrome but the freezing isn't limited to just internet browsing it also happens when I use VLC player to watch movies or When I'm playing a game such as Tera.

JEDEC Jedi

Have you tested other parts of your computer for stability?  CPU, RAM etc?

Aside for one cable error (attribute C7) the SMART data looks fine.  Has C7 increased in value at all?

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Well the clocks on all my parts are at stock and my cpu temps are fairly low. My gpu is barely at 50% load most of the time and my Ram is at stock.

The Crystaldisk values remain the same from my previous picture. I haven't had any freezes in the last 2-3 hours but I've been on teamspeak 3 and that's all. I have linked the issue to video or music output but my event viewer doesn'tshow any hardwrae issues and my gpu is at stock clock with the latest drivers.

JEDEC Jedi

That it's at stock unfortunately doesn't mean it's not broken.  I mean you're here because you suspect your drive is broken and its not overclocked? Smiley Happy

I'm not saying its not the drive - it's just the drive looks happy and other hardware is easier to test and rule out!

Windows has a memory test built in in control panel -> admin tools

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/ is good for the GPU

I like http://www.ocbase.com/ for the CPU

Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

I will run these tests and show my results when I get them.

Kilobyte Kid

I ran OCCT for 1 hour and got no errors. I also ran furmark for 15 mins with no errors or artifacts.

http://gyazo.com/1b970fa3e2bcf524a450efd0de46c362

I also ran the memory test in windows and no errors were found. I double checked my drivers and catalyst control center versions. 

Kilobyte Kid

problem still exists

Bit Baby

i am experiancing the same problem with my M4 128 gb Crucial SSD

i have a dell studio xps (1340) running windows 8 pro for about 7 months. i have been running windows 7 for 1 year prior to windows 8. every thing worked perfect untill suddenly last week my ssd started freezing repeatedly which caused windows 8 to crash and fail to boot. i reinstalled a clean version of windows 8, it did not fix the problem. my pc kept freezing randomly. i reinstalled my original HD that came with my pc its running windows 8, that HD is working fine with no problems.

JEDEC Jedi

@stabbara, you say your drive is one year old.  Please make sure your firmare is up to date as this is a known issue in firmware versions 0009 and older which you will probably have on an old drive.

Want to be a Super User?