M4 firmware version?

Kilobyte Kid

M4 firmware version?

Hello

Is there anyway of telling if the most recent firmware 0309 is installed on an M4 before opening the box? Don't suppose any of the serial codes etc would tell me? 

1 x 120gb & 1 x 256GB arrived from Crucial UK today March 23rd.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: M4 firmware version?

If they came in the last month they would be 0309

If you were worried if they are different the Marvell 88SS9174 is based on an ARM processor and is very programmable so I doubt anything has changed, if anything older ones could be better as the machinery was less worn out when they were made. If you are a retailer onselling them and worried about explaining to customers then maybe they have an exchange program or stickers they ship out for you to upgrade it in the shop.

JEDEC Jedi

The serial number won't tell you but a sticker on the drive itself will.  ie. you'd have to open the box!

As said above, i'd expect any drives shipped recently direct from Crucial to be 0309.

It's easy to upgrade them anyway if not.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

@msillem wrote:

Hello

Is there anyway of telling if the most recent firmware 0309 is installed on an M4 before opening the box? Don't suppose any of the serial codes etc would tell me? 

1 x 120gb & 1 x 256GB arrived from Crucial UK today March 23rd.

Thanks in advance.

Look at the Scotch Seal with UPC printed on it: The first line which starts with the size of the SSD 128GB/256GB and then towards the end there are 6 numbers: 030902 .... that could be the indication of the FW.