M500 Restart Loop after update firmware mu05

Bit Baby

M500 Restart Loop after update firmware mu05

Hi

After I update my firmware to MU05.  Everytime I boot to this drive is keep showing 2 message below then restart and keep looping forever. Even format the drive it still happen, I can use this as a second drive storage. I still can see this drive in windows. but I want to install windows on this drive But I can't boot into this drive. Before update I still can boot into windwos on this drive. Is there anyway to downgrade it back to previous verson? Please help Thank you.

1  of 2

2 of 2

1 Reply
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: M500 Restart Loop after update firmware mu05

Hi,

I think there is no need to downgrade it back to previous verson and the issue is most likelky caused by some Storage Executive boot record leftovers left on hidden boot partition. With regular format you will not clear that partition but you can clear the drive and reset it to an uninitialized state with diskpart command run in elevated command prompt - http://forum.crucial.com/t5/The-Cru/Reset-your-SSD-to-factory-settings-Windows-DiskPart/ba-p/162503

The most important part in this is to choose proper drive during clean operation.

diskpart  
DISKPART> list disk
DISKPART> select disk 1
(you have to choose and be sure that the particular number, like 1, is assigned to your M500 you would like to clean)

DISKPART> list partition
(just to ensure you have the correct disk listed, your M500)
DISKPART> clean
DISKPART> exit

If you would feel like this is not the task for you, the simple way would be to Sanitize drive with Crucial Storage Executive or secure erase with Parted Magic, there is a nice video guide for that.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?