MX100 512GB random freezes || Win 7 SP1 || Acer Aspire 5742G

Bit Baby

MX100 512GB random freezes || Win 7 SP1 || Acer Aspire 5742G

Hello,

I've recently purchased a brand new 512GB MX100 SSD to replace my older HDD. After cloning my Win 7 on the SSD, I put the HDD in an optical drive caddy and plugged it in the optical bay. The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742G.

Windows 7 boots smoothly, The issue comes that the whole computer freezes at random points, from 1 minute to several hours after boot. I've tried to relate the freeze with Intel RST service action or disk full access speed, but I could not find out any precise cause yet.

I did see this issue was adressed on the forum back in august, and tried all I could do among the suggested solution, ie removing acronis cloner, updating AHCI controller (currently Intel 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller 12.9.0.1001) with Intel RST, even updating BIOS to latest genuine version (InsydeH2O 1.30), and using no swap file. Nothing has solved the issue yet. The one thing suggested I could not try is enabling hot swap in BIOS, as this option doesn't exist in InsydeH2O.

Has the issue finally been adressed since it first appeared (could find the link below, but wasn't on Acer machines) ?

http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Cloned-MX100-512-Freezing-and-lockups/td-p/153090

Thanks for any help !

1 Reply
Crucial Employee

Re: MX100 512GB random freezes || Win 7 SP1 || Acer Aspire 5742G

Hi DasVinch,

First of all I would like to say sorry for the issues you have had with your SSD.  

We take customer comments very seriously and I am going to personally pass your comments on to our tech lab to look in to further.  As soon as they have come back with an update I will reply to this thread.  

It's not something that I can resolve at the moment but I will make sure it is investigated for you.  If you do have any other issues at all, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?