New BX100 SSD Failing??

Kilobyte Kid

New BX100 SSD Failing??

Just installed a brand new BX100 SSD into my lapton and I am worry about the SMART data. ID: 195 Hardware ECC Recovered seems rasing too fast. Do I need to get an exchange from the shop??

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

Tags (3)
2 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: New BX100 SSD Failing??

I can't see the pic until it's been moderated but that's not an error stat as such. It's when you can't recover it you have a problem!  ECC and similar tricks are used in pretty much every storage medium and data transfer.  You basically sacrifice perfection to allow high performance, cheaply.  And then design ways to handle the fact you're not perfect (ie ECC)

I have to say, I've not actually seen the SMART layout doc for the BX100. You normally get tham from Micron but I don't think they do a version of the BX100?  So I'm not sure how it's calculated.  Some sites say it's actually the time between ECC recoveries so it rising to a high number would actually be a good thing!

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: New BX100 SSD Failing??

Thanks for your reply... The value of SMART ID: 195 Hardware ECC Recovered is 111... I own another Crucial SSD which is the MX100 and it's ECC value remains at 0 after using it for almost a year... Maybe BX100 has a different algorithm...