No Sound after install MX 100 SSD

Kilobyte Kid

No Sound after install MX 100 SSD

I just installed the MX 100 SSD on my desk top , Windows 7, There is no sound, I have updated all the drivers, ran test on audio , all the necessary drives are in place and yes the mute is NOT on, speakers and jacks work fine, I plug my old drive back in and every thing works great. I have run the gauntlet of disabling and enabling, uninstall and reinstall and nothing,Starting to get frustrated and go back to old school drive but I am likeing the speed and performance of the SSD except that their is no sound Thanks

6 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: No Sound after install MX 100 SSD

Did you clone your old install?

Kilobyte Kid

No I did not

JEDEC Jedi

You might want to. Smiley Very Happy  As it works on that.

This is extremely unlikely to be related to your storage media and is far more likely a driver or config issue in your new install.  You'd have a better chance of getting useful help from your soundcard manufacturer to be honest.

Kilobyte Kid

There are issues with the old drive that I don't want on my new ssd , the reason I did not clone. I'm not quite sure why it would be a sound card issue if every thing is checking out ok but the new drive is the creates the issue, Any help here would be appreciated before I return the ssd and go back to old school drives

JEDEC Jedi

The new drive won't be creating the issue though.  Something in your new Windows install will.  You'd presumably have the same problem if you reinstalled your old drive to resolve whatever issues it had and setup your sound card drivers in the same way as part of that install.

JEDEC Jedi

targetbsp wrote:

You'd presumably have the same problem if you reinstalled your old drive to resolve whatever issues it had and setup your sound card drivers in the same way as part of that install.

Actually... do the opposite of this.  Clone your old install, issues and all, to reassure yourself the SSD isn't the problem so you knwo to look elsewhere for the problem. Smiley Happy  If you'd otherwise return the drive anyway - you've not got much to lose!