TRIMcheck: Does your SSD really have TRIM working?

Kilobyte Kid

Re: TRIMcheck: Does your SSD really have TRIM working?

Smiley Sad It seems stupid intel rst driver broke my pc =( And I don't know what to do (apart from restoring from back which is 3 days old =( ) For some stupid reason I can't uninstal it. And for even more stupid reason is switched to 13.5 and I can't revert it as I did before. But this version causes freezes (though trimcheck said trim is working now lol).

JEDEC Jedi

You can revert intels drivers using 'last known good config' from the windows boot menu. Had to do it many a time myself. Smiley Very Happy

[edit]

oh... has windows booted?  You probably can't then.  But in that case you should just be able to install anotehr version over it.  It lets you install older versions.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

The problem is - it so broken, that if I try to install,revert,delete, restore something it wil try to (ask for) restart after that. And it takes forever (waited at least 5-10 mins with no progress on "restarting" animation). I think it would never stop (maybe has something to do that it tries to save/apply something to the system disk but it's locked in 100% activy 0.% productivity =) limbo). And trying to install latest intel rst drivers from my mobo website does nothing. As it says it's installled, but in reality it jsut updates some readme/localization files and leaves the main instalation intact. So can't upgrade.I managed to restore from backup, nothing lost as it was pretty recent but know I'm in the old "not bad/not good" situation. OS works fine (same as before) but rst is broken and trim seems to be not working.

I managed to switch to generic SATA ahci driver from safe mode but it was (2006?) storeahci but it had same problem as intel one. And some intel **bleep** run in background to as I can't see any clear way to properly uninstall it.

It might have something to do with entirely broken LPM feature but I haven't tried disabling it with reg keys (have to find new ones and it would still be broken anyways. Might try to do something again and if i manage to make trim work in broken installation with lpm disabled might settle for this. It would be a huge pain reinstalling OS from scratch).

JEDEC Jedi

I think I have seen that once in the past - completely broken Intel AHCI driver. As far as I can remember I didn't manage to fix that Smiley LOL

I believe you could try to uninstall it in safe mode or try to install different version in safe mode, but I am not sure would it work. Consider installing version that is listed by your mobo manufacturer - 12.9.0.1001 (I would probably suggest that one) or 13.0.3.1001.

Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

I wanted to do that but I haven't figured how. Rst instalation is broken - so no entry in programs list - can't uninstall there and no unistall exe. In safe mode it uses standard driver and I don't think I can make it switch to intel one is safe mode and delete it (don't know how to delete driver from device manager without having it as active). And it probably won't delete rst software wich will be unusable (and manually deleting it could lead to even greater problems potentially). But I'l try that later if nothing else comes up.

JEDEC Jedi

I think I would try to manually install 12.9.0.1001 driver files only, via Device manager -> IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers -> right click on the selected controller -> Properties -> Driver tab

Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Trim is not working with these as reported by trimcheck.

Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Either we are missing some important part here or you have really broken driver. The only other thing I can think of is checking for BIOS update. Or fresh OS install.

Want to be a Super User?