Unexpected on-screen message when doing Garbage Collection.

Kilobyte Kid

Unexpected on-screen message when doing Garbage Collection.

I have an MX100 SSD running windows 7. Recently I had several power outages, and since then the system hangs, freezes. Mostly seems to happen when the machine has been on for a few hours, not doing anything, but not sleeping. I have been advised by Crucial Support to do a Garbage Collection on the SSD. I have followed the instructions to disconnect the data cable from the SSD, but to leave the power to it connected. Then to switch the pc on, and leave it on for 8hours. When I switched it on, I got a message,:- " Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1 Insert Windows installation disc and restart. 2Choose your language settings and click Next 3 Click 'Repair your computer'. Status: 0xc000000e Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. " At the bottom of the screen there are options to Enter=Continue or ESC=Exit None of the instructions I have been given by Crucial, or those on the Crucial Website mention anything about a message like this. If I press Continue, the pc just re-boots and gets back to the same screen again. So my question is, 1 - Do I leave the machine running with this message on the screen for the required 8 hours, or 2 - Do I press Esc to Exit ? What happens if I do that? Does this on-screen message prevent it from carrying out the Garbage Collection? I do hope someone can help me with the answer to this as I'm uncertain how to proceed. Thanks.
1 Reply
Community Manager

Re: Unexpected on-screen message when doing Garbage Collection.

Hi Ruth,

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your SSD.  I can see that you have contacted us by email and that we have asked you for more information.

Please reply to the email we have sent and we can get this looked in to further for you.  If we can't resolve the issues you're having then we can certainly look at arranging an exchange for you.  If you have any other questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask.

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?